Organic Cocoa Mass - Peru (RAW)
Organic Peruvian cocoa mass has a refreshing, fruity (acidic) taste. Cocoa grows in the Marañon Canyon in Peru. The high hills of the Marañon Valley create a unique microclimate for cocoa trees. Adequate humidity and nutrient-rich soil are the main factors that greatly influence the taste and quality of cocoa beans.
Cocoa mass for your daily rituals
Cocoa - for productivity, energy, and concentration improvement. The presence of magnesium and theobromine in 100% cocoa provides a relaxing effect during meditation, helps you concentrate and stay alert throughout the day. You can use cocoa mass as a beverage, to flavor baked goods, or to make artisanal chocolate. Cocoa is a superfood for those pursuing a more natural and healthy lifestyle.
Where it's grown
Cocoa farms are located in the Marañon Canyon, a place where high-quality cocoa has been grown for centuries. In this remote gorge-shaped canyon surrounded by mountains, a unique microclimate is formed, where the trees thrive at 1,000-1,250 meters above sea level.
To maintain the biological diversity of nature, cocoa is grown in agroforestry systems. Along with cocoa, avocado, guava, and banana trees are grown in the farms.
Organic cocoa is collected from around 60 small farmers, each with a small piece of land. They bring the wet beans to the cooperative, which ferments and dries them in one central place. Later, cocoa beans are ground into Peruvian cocoa mass.
Criollo - one of the rarest cocoa varieties in the world (only 5%, compared to other cocoa varieties). It is known for its strong aroma.
Flavor notes: cocoa, fruits, wood, spices.
How to make cocoa (for one cup):
- 10 - 35 g of cocoa
- 40 ml hot water
- 80 ml plant-based milk
- Your favorite sweetener (optional)
Combine all the ingredients in a blender and blend for 1 minute.
How to consume cocoa by portion?
10 - 15 g - a mild cocoa drink, suitable for daily consumption
25 - 35 g - medium strength cocoa drink
35 - 40 g - a strong cocoa drink, suitable for cocoa ceremonies
Peruvian cocoa features:
- Ethically grown and processed cocoa, in collaboration with small farmers and cooperatives.
- Organically grown cocoa.
- 100% cocoa, without added sugar, suitable for vegans.
- RAW cocoa, meaning cocoa has not been processed with heat.
- Cocoa is in uneven pieces of 10 - 20 grams, hard, making it harder to cut.
- Before grinding cocoa beans into a single mass, they were lightly roasted.
- Source of antioxidants - protects the body from aging
- Helps regulate cholesterol
- Activates circulation and brain activity
- Promotes the production of endorphins (happiness hormones)
Peru 100% ground cocoa beans
Food handling subject mark: 130017908
Country of origin: NON-EU AGRICULTURE
Control institution code: LT-EKO-001