Cocoa Mass - Cuba
Cuban Baracoa cocoa - medium strength with a light acidity and moderate bitterness. Different flavor notes blend in this cocoa - sweeter creaminess and bolder tobacco and woodiness. These distinct flavors complement each other perfectly, creating the unique cocoa taste characteristic of the Baracoa region, which is hard to find in other cocoas.
Cocoa mass for your daily rituals
Cocoa - for productivity, energy, and focus improvement. The presence of magnesium and theobromine in 100% cocoa provides a relaxing effect during meditation, helps you concentrate and stay alert throughout the day. You can use cocoa mass as a beverage, to flavor baked goods, or to make artisanal chocolate. Cocoa is a superfood for those pursuing a more natural and healthy lifestyle.
Where it's grown
Cocoa originates from the Baracoa region in Guantánamo province, Northeastern Cuba. Baracoa is located on the coast of Bahía de Miel (Honey Bay). Cocoa is grown in small farms here, in mixed culture with coconut and banana. The area is surrounded by a wide range of mountains, including Sierra del Purial, making it rather isolated.
The history of cocoa in this area is linked to the arrival of French colonists in the early 19th century, who fled from the storms of the Haitian independence revolution. It is believed that the origin of these cocoa varieties lies on the Atlantic coast of Mesoamerica.
Trinitario - Trinitario varieties were developed by hybridizing Criollo and Forastero cocoa breeds, combining Criollo quality with Forastero disease resistance.
Flavor notes: creaminess, tobacco, woodiness.
Flavor profiles (from 1-5)
How to prepare cocoa (for one cup):
- 10 - 35 g of cocoa
- 40 ml of hot water
- 80 ml of plant-based milk
- Favorite sweetener (optional)
Combine all the ingredients in a blender and blend for 1 minute.
How to consume cocoa by portion?
10 - 15 g - a mild cocoa drink, suitable for daily consumption
25 - 35 g - medium strength cocoa drink
35 - 40 g - a strong cocoa drink suitable for cocoa ceremonies
Features of Cuban cocoa:
- Cocoa is sourced from small farmers in the Baracoa region of Guantanamo province.- 100% cocoa, no added sugar, suitable for vegans.- Cocoa is in pieces of 10 - 20 grams, unevenly sized, moderately soft, and easy to cut.- Before grinding cocoa beans into a single mass, they were lightly roasted.
- Source of antioxidants - protects the body from aging
- Cocoa helps regulate cholesterol
- Cocoa activates blood circulation and brain function
- Cocoa promotes the production of endorphins (happiness hormones)
Read more about cocoa mass:
- How cocoa is made?
- RECIPE: Blueberry and almond butter cups with cocoa mass
- RECIPE: Chocolate banana bread
- RECIPE: Frozen banana and cocoa mass bars
- RECIPE: Vegan "Bounty" bars
- RECIPE: Hot chocolate
Cuba 100% ground cocoa beans