Made with fresh berries, coconut milk, cocoa butter, and gluten free almond crust.
This pie’s light and creamy texture is perfectly complemented by its rich chocolate flavor. Chocolate flavour comes from cocoa butter which I used in this recipe. A lot of people use coconut oil in raw cheesecake recipes. But I suggesting you to try cocoa butter! Cocoa butter is great for raw desserts because it helps them to set more firmly by creating creamy texture.
THE INGREDIENTS & INSTRUCTIONS:
Makes: 1 pie (20 cm tin)
Preparing Time: ~30 minutes (does not include cooling down time).
- 2 cups almonds
- 2 dates
- 1.5 tbsp cocoa butter
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1.5 cups full fat coconut cream
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tsp agar agar
- 1 tbsp cocoa butter
THE TOPPING (OPTIONAL)
- a handful of blueberries
- a handful of strawberries
- or any of your favourite fruit, berries or cocoa nibs roated cocoa nibs
- In a blender or food processor, combine the crust ingredients. Mix well until you get a sticky mixture.
- Line a 20 cm spring form pan with parchment paper on the bottom. Press the crust into the pan.Chill the mix in the fridge while you prepare the filling.
- Blend the strawberries until smooth.
- Heat up the coconut cream in a medium saucepan and stir well till smooth.
- Add the strawberry puree and the rest of the filling ingredients.
- While stirring continuously, bring to a slow boil and cook for a few minutes until the mix thickens.
- When the mixture has become thicker, remove from the heat and leave it to cool down for 10-15 minutes. Then pour over the crust and leave to cool completely in the fridge ( it usually takes a couple of hours to completely set).
- Decorate with your choice of toppings. I used blueberries and strawberries.